The Blue Series, written by Maria Miller, are Math books that focus on topic rather than grade. All worksheets are taken from the Light Blue series that is a full curriculum and organized in a natural progression. Each lesson is presented in a simplistic and easy to understand format. After reading the instruction at the top of the page, the student then completes the practice to immediately put that knowledge to use. There are no looping problems as each problem relates to what has just been taught. However, the topics build on one another in a systematic fashion.
I chose two topics for each of my girls. Nat used Early Geometry and Multiplication. Em used Geometry 2 and Statistics. For the most part, each girl completed their pages independently. They completed one lesson a day in each book. As the problems weren't exhaustive (meaning they weren't exhausted by the time they completed a lesson!) it was not difficult for them to complete two.I did offer some support; however, the instruction was easy to understand and implement!
Good to Know1. Here are the specifics on the books that I used with my girls. As you can see, you get a lot of bang for your buck.
- Early Geometry- Grades 1-3, 119 pages, $2.75
- Geometry 2- Grades 6-7, 105 pages, $5.80
- Multiplication- Grades 2-3, 102 pages, $5.00
- Statistics and Probability- Grades 5-7, 101 pages, $5.30
3. Follow this link to find a complete list of the books available in the Blue series. It might be just what you were looking for!
4. All books come with answer keys that are located in the back of the books.
5. If you have annotated tools on your iPad or computer, the PDF files come with the option of completing the problems on your method of technology rather than printing the pages out. I did not have this option so I would print out 10 lessons at a time and file in their binders to complete.
6. Still have questions about this program? Visit the Math Mammoth website to sign up for a virtual tour that will also provide you with 300 free worksheets and samples! This will give you a personal look at what this company offers and how it can take some of the tears out of Math time!
I would highly recommend these Math books in your homeschool or even for those children that attend school but struggle with a particular topic! The instruction is simple and the practice just enough to bring your child confidence. Also, be sure to visit my review friends to see what they thought of Math Mammoth!