DescriptionMath Rider is a program that allows your student to practice their Math facts (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) in an exciting format. It is based in a land of fantasy in which your child is on a mission and must ride their trusty horse to see it through! By completing Math facts, they are able to earn rewards and advance through their missions.
The fascinating part of this program is that it records your child's answers in an internal memory to track their progress. It will then create personalized practice for your child based on their needs. This will help the child progress from those facts that have been mastered to those that the child really needs to work on.
RoutineMy girls were able to use the Math Rider program 3-4 times a week after their regular Math curriculum. This became a great way to encourage completion of their work as they were eager to "play." Each girl had their own account, so they were able to focus on their own personalized problems to complete the challenges. My girls go crazy about anything to do with horses so it was a perfect fit!
Good to Know
- Math Rider is designed for ages 6 to 12. Grades 2nd through 6th are recommended but keep in mind the abilities of your child.
- There is instant correction or reinforcement given when each problem is answered. This ensures that a student understands if they answered a problem correctly. Also, the student has to only focus on answering the problems and the game does the rest. This helps your child focus on the Math without worrying about controls.
- Math Rider is a download to your computer so you do not need the internet to play the game, only for initial download and registration.
- Records are supplied to the parent so that you can keep track of how they are progressing.
- You can register up to 8 children on one license, prefect for homeschooling families to use again and again!
- The game is $47 and is instantly downloaded from their site. You can even try a full featured trial version for 7 days by clicking over to their website!