For the review today, I will be speaking about SchoolhouseTeachers.com. This website is created by The Old Schoolhouse Magazine which I also reviewed here. It is dedicated to offering homeschool lesson plans and resources in one easy to use interface.
- A Study of Asia
- Career Exploration
- College Choice Guidance
- Classical History
- Film Making
- Home Economics
- Mock Trial
- Special Needs
- World Views/ Apologetics
There are highly qualified and award winning creators creating resources for each area listed above, offered in a weekly or even daily format.
As my homeschool runs on a semester schedule, I am working to have everything ready for the Spring Semester. I am so excited to find several subjects available that were already in my plan. Here is what I plan on using for the Spring.
- Guitar- My oldest daughter has been learning guitar for about a year. My husband is quite a musician and she has learned so much from him. She already plays many songs and has written quite a few of her own. However, I want her to be able to read written music and thus far, she has only been playing by ear. So, I am looking forward to integrating the weekly lessons available that will incorporate written music.
- Literature- This subject area is on the menu for the Spring and I was excited to find resources that incorporated award winning children's books. Literature is meant to be discussed so there are great questions offered for the books that study the different forms of literature, information specific to that book, and overall book structure. There are also story charts available and essay assignments available. This will be great for my older daughter as well. It will encourage her to fully engage in the story and to think deeper than surface text.
- Spanish- This special area will be for all of my children. On SchoolhouseTeachers.com, they have a teacher who offers lesson plans, videos, and activities to learn the Spanish language. This will be one of my girls' favorites, I am sure. :)
- Every Day Work- There are so many activities and printables for everyday work like grammar, math, and handwriting. The main two I will be using is the Schoolhouse Spelling which gives weekly spelling lists as well as daily activities to practice spelling and the Everyday Explorers: USA track which explores the 50 states utilizing websites, lapbooks, and lesson plans.
- Read and Play: PreK Activities- I am ALWAYS looking for new activities for my little one. She is 3 and loves her school. :) This area has activities and scriptures that revolve around a theme or book. The theme is currently thankfulness as we are celebrating the holiday season. There are so many wonderful memory verses offered, projects and recipes shared that would make learning a joy! This is one resource that I will begin implementing immediately.
As you can see, SchoolhouseTeachers.com is a homeschool site that offers a wide variety of resources. There is so much offered for all grades, Pre-K through 12th grade! The best part about it? It also takes into account a homeschooler's budget! Right now, they are offering the first month for $1 and after that it is only $5.95 a month. With your membership, you also get free resources like a subscription to The Old Schoolhouse Magazine, Monthly Bonus E-books, access to Schoolhouse Expos, and a Schoolhouse Planner! :)
If you are like me, you are constantly looking for new, creative ways to teach your homeschoolers. I encourage you to click the link in my sidebar and just check it out! You might find it is a great fit for your home classroom. You can also see other reviews about this product by members of the Schoolhouse Review Crew by clicking the link below.